- private Groups
- kids & teens
- gift & online shop
Please send us a message or e-mail, if you plan to come to the open atelier. Slots can occasionally be cancelled due to private parties.
Urban Sketching with Karen Lee Vendriger
Course ( 4 weeks )
Sunday, 25th September,
15:00 - 17:15
Up to -20% for members
Beginner / Experienced
Language: English / German
4 x 2-2,5 hours
PIE Studio and in Town
Karen Lee Vendriger
All materials included
Urban Sketching with Karen Lee VendrigerShort description of the course What is urban sketching? It's basically drawing on location, capturing and documenting what we see from direct observation, indoors and outdoors. Urban sketchers tell the story of their surroundings, their point of view, the places they live and where they travel. The drawings are a record of a certain point in time and place. This course is created for sketching enthusiasts with no prior experience, that wish to begin their sketching journey. What to expect? This 4-week long art course is an introduction to urban sketching, the act of creating a visual diary and record anything you find inspiring, pretty, or just noteworthy. During the 4 classes you will be exposed to the basics of drawing, composition and visual storytelling and you will create your very own first sketches on location in our beautiful city of Basel. No experience is needed; just come with the right mindset, motivation, and a basic ability hold a pencil ;). Karen will teach you the rest.
- You will be working with pencils, colored pencils, ballpoint pen, and markers.
- In the first class Karen teaches you the fundamentals of sketching in the safe heaven of the studio, while during the other classes you will go on fieldtrips to sketch at different locations in the city.
- The outdoor locations are going to be in parks, cafés, by the river and at illustrious venues around Basel city. In case of rainy weather we will prefer the indoor locations (cafés, Mitte, Markthalle, etc.)
- The course is fully guided by Israeli illustrator artist Karen Lee Vendriger
- The use of basic sketching materials such as erasers, pen and pencil, portable drawing pads etc. are included.
- We will organize your works into a nice A4 booklet
- You will learn pencil holding techniques, shapes, silhouettes & contouring, drawing techniques.
- You will learn texture drawing and figure drawing.
- You will receive drawing tips on how to find points of interest and make interesting drawing compositions.