- Events Kalender
- Mitglied werden
Watercolor Painting I.
Watercolor Painting I.
Short description of the course:
Our Watercolor Painting I. course is the perfect introduction to the beautiful and expressive medium of watercolor. In this course, you'll learn the fundamental techniques of watercolor painting, including how to mix and layer colors, create texture, and control the flow of the paint. You'll also learn about the unique properties of watercolor, such as its transparency and ability to create delicate washes. Over the course of four weeks, held on weekday evenings from 19:00 to 21:30, you'll put your skills into practice through a series of exercises and projects, culminating in the creation of your own beautiful watercolor paintings. Whether you're a beginner looking to explore this vibrant medium or an experienced artist looking to refine your watercolor skills, this course has something for everyone. Sign up now and discover the magic of watercolor painting!
What to expect:
- Throughout the course, students will experiment with different watercolor painting tools such as brushes, watercolor paper, and watercolor paints.
- Each class will begin with a clear explanation and demonstration of the session's subject by the art teacher, followed by watercolor painting exercises.
What is included:
- All materials such as paper, painting tools, boards, etc. are included. Students do not need to bring anything except a positive attitude and a willingness to learn.
- The basics of watercolor painting, including handling the brush and painting on watercolor paper, mixing colors, and applying paint to achieve the desired effect.
- The fundamentals of perspective, including how to create the illusion of three-dimensional space on a two-dimensional surface.
- How to use light and shadow to create the illusion of form and depth in your watercolor paintings.
- How to choose the right equipment and paint for your needs, including an understanding of different watercolor paint types and brush styles.
- Basic color theory and how to mix colors to create a wide range of hues and tones using watercolor paints.
Is this course right for me?
This course is designed for beginners with no previous watercolor painting experience or knowledge. Those with some experience can also benefit from the course as it can help to organize existing knowledge and develop effective working processes. For more experienced students, we recommend attending the second module of this course and joining one of our study groups.
Some important things to keep in mind:
- We encourage all students to arrive 15 minutes before the start of class. This will allow us to start on time and will give you the opportunity to socialize with other students and share painting tips, discuss at-home practice, and provide help or receive help from others. This will help everyone improve their skills and achieve better results.
- We will be happy to store your artwork throughout the course. On the last class we nicely package it so you can take it home and have guiding references while practicing your newly acquired skills.
- This course has a second module for students who have completed this first one which aims to further the acquired knowledge and teach new techniques. The second module takes place immediately after this module ends.
You may want to consider purchasing both modules as a package to receive a 10% discount on your purchase.
- This course will provide you with the basic knowledge and skills needed for watercolor painting, but it is important to practice regularly to fully incorporate this knowledge. Our study groups offer the opportunity to continue practicing in a community of like-minded individuals up to two days a week (Mondays and Wednesdays, from 19.00 to 21.30).
Meet your instructor, Robin Ballard, an artist based in Basel, Switzerland. A graduate of the Cooper Union School of Art in New York, she attended Parson’s School of Design, Paris and the Hochschule der Künste, Berlin. She is a member of Visarte, the Visual Arts Association of Switzerland. [Read more...]