- private Groups
- kids & teens
- gift & online shop
Please send us a message or e-mail, if you plan to come to the open atelier. Slots can occasionally be cancelled due to private parties.
Introduction to Oil Painting
Basic Course ( 6 weeks )
Monday, 5th September,
19:00 - 21:00
Up to -20% for members
6 weeks, 6 classes x 2 hours
PIE Studio, Wallstrasse 14
All materials included
INTRODUCTION TO OIL PAINTING
The course focuses on painting with oil and will give you confidence at handling this material. On the first two classes different painting techniques and basics of perspective are covered. These fundamentals will then be practised through various exercises: on each class, you will paint a picture that uses the previously learned techniques and principles. We will not miss individual creation either: in the 6th class, you will have to paint your own idea, with the personal assistance of the teacher.
This course is for you if…
- You are an absolute beginner at painting.
- You have some experience with painting, and would like to systematize your knowledge and practice regularly.
- You prefer learning in a community in a fun and entertaining way.
After this course…
- You will have experience with handling the brush and the palette knife; mixing oil colors, applying paint so that it does the desired effect.
- You will have a basic understanding of perspective, and practice light and shadow, mixing colors.
- You will be able to walk into an art supply store and consciously choose equipment and paint according to your needs.
Lenght: 6 weeks (6 x 2-hour-long classes)
From 19:00 until 21:00
Full price: CHF 300.- Discounted price (w/ Paint It Easy membership card / PRO): CHF 270.- / 240.-
Teacher: Patrícia Kaliczka
Min no. of participants: 4
About the teacher:
Patricia Kaliczka besides being an actual artist, is also one of the 2 founders of Paint it Easy. Painting is not her hobby, but her way to live and make ends meet. She got her MA degrees both in Painting and Teaching at the Hungarian Academy of Fine Arts in Budapest. She was awarded several scholarships and prizes, such as the Esterházy Art Award in 2013, Derkovits Scholarship in 2013-2016 or the Rudnay Scholarship in 2019. Her work has been exhibited in Hungary as well as across Europe. Her latest solo show ‘Around the Heart in Thirty Days’ @Viltin Gallery was centered around self-examination and dissolving the self in various historical and archetypal prototypes. For more info, visit her website www.patriciakaliczka.com